I first became aware of the Lee Enfield rifles in the mid-50's, reading the adds in the American Rifleman and Guns magazine. Early on bought a No4Mk1 from one of the dealers and proceeds to put Herter's stocks on it and cut the magazine flush ala instructions in an American Rifleman article. That rifle is gone. However, what has always fascinated was the use of a one piece stock. Clyde Baker in his book "Modern Gunsmithing" explained how he did it. I then found customs by Elwood Epps in gun Digest and Handloader's Digest. I had always hoped to get one. By the time I contacted Epps, he had retired. I have a reprint of his 1965 catalog, and it reads like he was the Herters of Canada. I had hoped to get one of his rifles, however I have never seen one for sale. Just wondering does anyone on here have a custom by epps, and are they willing to show it? What was his reputation in Canada. I currently own an No4 MkII and a Santa Fe 1941 Supreme on the No4 MkI action. I'm not planning any customs at this point, delivery times take to long. Anyhow, I would enjoy seeing Epps rifles. Thanks

Regards,
Dick M.

I like a handgun. I hold a shotgun in high regard, but rifles- well I love the darn things.
Jack O'Connor