I saw my cousin yesterday and he told me he's about to move to Malta, where his wife was born and raised. He's a Vietnam vet with a long family history in the US on his dad's side. He can trace his paternal side back to the Civil War Era (his father wasn't Jewish and came from west Virginia) and they've all been as patriotic as it gets... his father was a marine at pearl harbor who fought through the pacific, etc.

He currently lives near Lake Shasta in California, one of the more conservative areas of California, but even with that, he believes there's no future here. Even if the President is re-elected, my cousin thinks the left has caused irreparable damage to the fundamental institutions and traditions of the country and they have too much power to be stopped.

I agree with his premise, but I'm here to the end and will fight leftist tyranny, and I pointed out that malta is far from a conservative paradise, but he countered that if he's going to be without a voice in politics, he might as well live the rest of his life on a Mediterranean island.

Just wondering what the good people of the campfire think about the future of the country and if anyone has thought about where they'd go if they thought it was time to get out.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.