Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RiverRider
We sleep with this one between our pillows. Refinished with Blue Wonder ten or twelve years ago. Finish is holding up, but I want to redo it with Moly Resin sometime soon.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Please tell me you're joking.

Probably in a holster. It's safe.

But I do keep my 1911 on the dresser, rather than the nightstand.

I figure by the time I wake up, get to the dresser and grab the 1911, I'm probably awake enough to use it responsibly.

Just a personal safety measure I incorporate.

Yes indeed, in a holster. And yes indeed, perfectly safe.

The only occupants in our house are my wife and myself. To verify that the bump in the night is not one of us, the other has only to check and see who's in bed and who's not. And anybody who knows us knows that barging into the house unannounced at 3 AM would be a death wish, so I think we're pretty safe in assuming that such a visitor is not a welcome guest. In addition to the 10HB, there is an AR15 on either side of the bed. My EDC resides on the nightstand beside my each night also. All that is presumably made just about 100% effective by the presence of our dog, who will raise hell if an acorn so much as hits the roof in the middle of the night. I hadn't really thought about it too much, but I guess we're pretty damned safe and secure as we slumber.

Similar here. I’ve slept with a handgun beneath my pillow since I was 16 years old. 52 years later, the only difference the handgun is a semi-auto......a holster has “never” been used! Wife has her Sig 938 on her nightstand. Once we’re up and about, she brings her Sig downstairs to the living room.....I leave my “pillow pistol” in place, grab my XDS 45ACP and head downstairs! If the grandkids come over, we collect and store the equipment! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024