Bofors steel refers to a special heat resistant steel made in Sweden as far as I know, initially for ship borne anti aircraft cannon commonly called at that time Bofors Guns or Pom Pom guns for the high rate of fire trying to knock down enemy aircraft...and the amazing ability of the Bofors barrel steel to endure that kind of punishment under sustained firing being cooled off with seawater and fired some more until they glowed red.

IMO depending on condition, and grade ie Deluxe, Standard grade etc your gun could be worth anywhere from the $450/$600 range to well over $1K+. 243 was pretty common but if it satisfies you I would never sell it. I had a "deal" given to me to buy in 1968 or '69 on a similar to yours 579 action Standard grade by my grandfather, who traded a lot of guns in those days, and will regret to my last breath trading that gun off for a bigger boomer. Dump the old Leupy and put 'nuther one on and you've got a gun that will last another 40-50 years no sweat.
Old 243 SAKO's are prized by wildcatters too...and the prettiest one I ever saw was a 6.5x284 conversion using the old 243 barrel tha had been bored out and re chambered that would shoot bug holes all day every day..no telling how much the guy had in the gun but he could have cared less...it was his first gun that he had shot out and reminded me of my foolishness as a kid.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.