Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by RUM7
Looking to head to the great state of Montana.
I promise not to bring all of my CA ideals. I'm sure we can all find a compromise. I plan on opening a Tesla recharging station with a gift shop that sells man bun accessories. What areas do you think would be a good fit? Thanks on advance.

PS: I plan on overpaying for a massive tract of land so I can start a deer and bear sanctuary. Should be fun!

OP, I can give you the best advice available, as I made the same move a few years ago.

First, your Tesla charging station/man bun outlet will be welcome here. When we were first looking around Montana, we had a Tesla and there is a dearth of charging stations. I ran out of juice around Choteau and the tow truck driver thought it needed repairs. A week later, we had the first Cummins Tesla. The charge was steep, and the repair shop kept calling me "phaggot from phaggotville", so I bet there's also many man bun customers waiting for your services.

Second, stay away from Bozeman or Missoula. They will tar and feather you for leaving the promised land of California. Instead, head to a small ranching community where you will be able to show the local MAGA types that there's more to the world than freedom, liberty and G-d. I assure you, if you put up a Black Lives Matter lawn sign you'll meet all of your new neighbors really quick. Personally, I like Wilsall for this kind of welcome.

Third, and finally, when you buy your spread, don't bother to introduce yourself to the adjoining landowners. Just put up a lot of NO HUNTING/NO TRESPASSING/NO REPUBLICANS signs on the barbed wire fencing you'll put in. If you are lucky enough to buy a place near an operating cattle ranch, you'll have free meat when a cow wanders onto your property. The ranchers here understand that the penalty for livestock trespassing is death and will likely stop by to apologize and offer you money for the cost of the .500 S&W Magnum round you put into the cow.

All GREAT advise. Was wondering if you were open to being my accountant when I make the move?
I don't know of any other "accountants" that live Montana.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-