Just found this thread, I'll try to get some pics up.

Father bought me a 270 adl mountain stainless synthetic when I was 14, pretty much all I hunted with for the past 25 years. If I'm not mistaken, the adl mountains are fairly rare (not that that means anything, I think it was a special run in the early 90s). Gun kicks like a mule.

A year or so ago, I ran across a wood/blued 308 mountain rifle. I think the lgs just thought it was a old school full size bdl and didn't know what they had. I think I dated it late 80s. Anyway, I completely redid the stock, bedded the action, installed a new pad, timney trigger, cleaned up the metal to almost new, topped it off with a 2-8 nikon monarch. Its a sweet setup.

Ran across another wood mountain rifle in 280 in a rough part of town pawn shop couple weeks ago, about the same era as the last one I found. It was topped off with good steel rings and bases and a gloss leupold vx2. It was tempting but if its around next time I check that store out it may come home. Wasn't too out of line, marked 650, but you could easily take 100 bucks of it. Buddy picked up a early 90s marlin 39 that had some of the best walnut I've seen on one, $389....it was still there from where he looked at it 6 months ago.

Last edited by killerv; 10/26/20.