Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by elkaddict
You’ve gotten good advice that I’ll echo: Dealer support probably matters more than color, get a size or two bigger than you think you you will need, and get a cab. One other point, that you should consider if you’re in an area with sane used tractor prices is pre-emissions larger displacement motors have power at lower rpms and frequently have more useful power. In addition, they are notably heavier, which for many things matters more than HP. In my area, used tractors are insanely priced and the lure of 0% financing is very real. I’ve got a 900’ driveway and have used both a 7’ bucket and a 7’ front mounted snow blower. As much as I appreciate the snowblower, I’d never trade it for a FEL.

Oh, no. Not trade. Both like you did!

I’m an equipment junky with limited time. I maintain 200 acres 3 hours from home including 16 acres of food plots. I “needed” a backup equipment. Truth is, I can’t get my biggest tractor in some small plots on the mountain, and moving snow in windy well below zero temps “requires” a cab, as does bushhogging an area with hornets nests.... For what it’s worth, if I’d have listened to sage advice, I’d have started with a bigger cabbed model, saved money and wouldn’t have the additional equipment. We’d just bought the property and I couldn’t bring myself to buying more than the minimum tractor I perceived I needed. I was mistaken.... I’ve also found that older tractors are easier to maintain and can be equally reliable. They are also surprisingly efficient fuel consumption wise given the rpm range they operate in.