Interesting, I knocked dime sized holes completely through a white tail buck at 156 yards from a 35 Remington that left at 2175 fps over leverevolution powder, he bled good, don't think the unaltered 220gr Speers slowed down much, first shot knocked the dog snot out of the white oak tree the buck had bedded beside.

Redneck homemade HP's work just fine, just tested the theory in Tanzania, I filed the semi spritzer tip on 400gr A Frames flat, hit the flat with a center punch, used an eighth inch bit and drilled holes a quarter inch deep, the homemade HP's hit the same POI as the regular A Frames at 2400 fps from my 400 H&H, hit a big tom Leopard through both shoulders at 70 yards from the ground blind, he was DEAD before his paws left the limb, he landed with a hard thud at the bottom of the tree, my PH was very happy.

I loaded my 35 with the big Speers because nilgai was on the list for that years hunting, after they're shot up, i'll go back with the 180gr Speers at 2400 fps for all deer, hog and black bear hunting with that rifle, the 180's at 2400 will also give 300 yard hunting capability, about maxed out [low velocity] at 225 yards with the big 220's.

With the 220gr Speers leaving at 2175 fps, +3 at 100 zeros at 175, and 2 inches down on 200 yard steel.

Trump Won!