If the brown bears didn't hang around the same places I hunt my bullet choices would be different. I would use my .356 Win. and Alaska Bullet Works 180 grain bonded bullets for moose on down and would not of made up a .348 Ackley Improved on a new Winchester Mod. 71. Supposedly 2,350 fps is doable with the 220 grain Speer and WW 748 in my .356 and I hear of higher velocities with a couple of other powders.

I have some of the 250 grain Alaska Bullet Works bullets for the .356 and will keep them for the bears if they need it. Fortunately, that is seldom needed. All in all I think a stout 200 grain or 220 grain bullet weight is a better choice for the .356 Win. do to it's small case capacity, which limits desired impact velocities.

With my ability and eye sight I think 200 yards is my max on a standing broad side stationary moose. So I need what ever load I am using in a peep sighted lever gun to have sufficient impact velocity out to 200 yards. I think I can do that with the 220's especially if I do a modest hollow pointing to the bullets. The 250 grain Alaska Bullet Works bullet out of my .348 Improved will probably expand much further then I should be shooting at an un wounded animal.

I still plan on resizing some 220 Speers to .348 diameter for my .348 Improved and if they shoot ok they are another option. I don't plan on hollow pointing the 220's when I eventually resize some for my .348 Improved. But, the 250 grain ABW bullet will be my "go to" bullet for the .348 Improved.

Slowly finishing up projects and should be in the loading room big time in a couple weeks, a wonderful winter project. That and my big pool table will keep me busy during the long Alaskan winter and virus lock down.

If Barnes made a X bullet in 180 or 200 grain for the .356 Win. or 200 and 220 grain for the .348 I would lay in supply. I doubt that will ever happen.