Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Sako76
I would be pissed and I've had it happen to me. Don't worry, there will be a bunch of guys along to state that you are a lousy hunter, that you didn't do your homework in selecting a guide and you are a crybaby for actually expecting something for your $1000/day hunt!

When I first saw he paid 5k for a private ranch hunt with a guaranteed bull. I chuckled. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago possible. Thats about 40 to 50 per cent less than similar hunts. Big red flag. You could have salvaged the hunt with a nice cow and used your experience, printed out maps in preparation in case you saw elk and take notes where you saw them ( if you had an open mind) and come back and do DYI public land hunts in many western states. Not one word of the beautiful country you had the opportunity to experience.

For some reason people that hunt whitetail deer in the mid west east coast think they can just come out west and shoot an elk.

To begin with.....:I am completely aware of my ignorance of elk hunting

As far the beautiful country, there was trash all over the areas we hunted, junk piles, and carcasses(domestic and wild) on every walk we took. Beer cans, glass, oil containers, gas containers, cigarette butts.

When I read 80-90% success, I ignorantly believed it. I wasn’t expecting a giant. I was hoping to at least see a bull.

If I had known more....I would have shot the cow but we were exactly half way through the hunt and I was being told the elk travel a lot and there was a chance at a bull.

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details