Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
My cousin by marriage runs a business out of SE Idaho (Rexburg area) where you can go and pick a trophy bull out of his private herd down in the valley, and he will cart it up into the mountains onto some private forest land, where you can then "hunt" it. I can get anyone interested prices and other info.
Do they remove the required ear tag before you shoot it? The hole in the ear should be a giveaway.

It sounds like an honest operation (in Idaho, not New Mexico).....just cheesy as hell. No need to "hide" the ear tag or even the hole in the ear, as the client knows it is not a wild bull, because he picked it out of a corral earlier.
The tags I have seen are nothing more than livestock ear tags, which have a pin hole punched through the ear. You'd generally not notice it unless you parted the hair actually looking for it.

I worked on a high fence elk ranch in central Idaho for a season. It was fun, but the clients were pathetic. There was zero difference between killing those elk and killing a black angus out in the timber. It was their money though, so I had no issues with it. I actually enjoyed working there.

Last edited by T_Inman; 11/11/20. Reason: clarification of which operation I am referring to