Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by Kracker
Dave,

Great write up! So glad that the injuries didn't keep you from a successful hunt and that you made it out safely. You deserved the good karma of the help you got packing out your bulls. I only wish I was there to be the one helping. You were there for a buddy and me 4 years ago to pack our elk out when I realized I was in over my head with my health and a bull on the ground. You single handedly
packed 2 bulls out for us while giving up your hunting time.. i will be forever thankful to you for that. Perhaps we will meet on the mountain again one day and I will be able to fulfill my dept to you. Congratulations on another successful season for you.

Hey friend....I think I know who this is! My Michigan friend?

I had no idea you were a Campfire guy. Great to hear from you again and thanks for the kind words. It's funny you should mention that incident, as crossed my mind this year when those boys packed those hind quarters out for me. I'm not used to being on the receiving end of these types of things, but maybe Karma is real thing and I was due!

Take care and we'll see you around.

Dave

Yeah its Lou from Michigan. Your story definitely brought back the memories of me having to swallow my pride that trip to ask for help. My buddy Eric was doing much better than I was as that was actually the start of a bad stretch of health for me. I plan to be up in that same general area next year again so perhaps I'll see up there. Take care.