I guess I am going to kill myself reading all of the Do not's.
I built my Wood Stove. Lined the bottom with Fire Brick.
Made the Bottom a Funnel so that I can clean the ash out side instead of inside to keep the ash dust down in the 300 sq. ft cabin it is in.
I used a 1/2 thick plate for the top because that is what I had on hand. It has two doors on it (1) with Mesh so I can watch the Fire and (1) solid so when I want to slow the burn or want darkness I can close it . (one is mounted on one side of the stove and the other on the other side of the stove). No need to be fumbling around swapping doors.
I also used 6 in. Sch 40 pipe for the first section of my flew with a Home made Damper and another 2 ft of 6 in. Sch 40 vertical pipe and then a 6 in Sch 40 90 deg. bend the horizontal smoke pipe coming off of that is an 1/8 in. rolled Black sheet steel with a solid welded seam.
This pipe has a 1 in thick Ceramic Blanket thermo break an another fabricated 16 Ga. outer pipe acting like a double wall pipe going threw the wall (heat insulated with the Ceramic Blanket) out side of the cabin I have a 6 in.16 Gage Galvanized fab'ed pipe that runs into a 1/8 in. thick Fabricated 90 deg. elbow and then back to the 16 Gage Galvanized chimney all the way up to the Home fab'ed Galvanized spark arrest er that sits on top.
I would Never use Galvanized pipe for a fire place inside of the building but I see no problem using it out side.
You should Never have any down draft after your stove and stove pipe is heated up. So there should be no problem with the Galvanized pipe out side of the building.
Maybe I am wrong and maybe I will be dead by the end of winter.
Zinc Poisoning is no fun. I have had it and I know many people that have had it. You do not want it.