Let him know what the situation is, be totally transparent about everything, and let him make his own choice.

I imagine there are a lot of similar situations, especially with the Holidays approaching: family get togethers, parties, graduations, weddings and the like.

My approach is to let possible attendees know the parameters and they make their call to attend or not.

My personal approach to whether I will go to something or not is to just go.

I look at this way: life is short. Ya only live say 80 years. And I will be damned to give one or two up, not actually “living,” not seeing friends and family, not enjoying life and it’s pleasures, not going out to eat, not going hunting,etc. because of fear I might catch COVID. Fhug that. Living in a safe bubble ain’t living. And if I catch COVID, chances are I will be fine. And if it doesn’t end well, it was a good ride while it lasted, and I will be heading to a far better place.

But as said, let others make their decision after full disclosure of the parameters.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad