The prices for these rifles are all over the map, as noted. For a decent example with a single barrel in a desirable caliber, I would not pay more than about $650, and that would have to have half-way decent wood. There has been a TCR83 in 243 Win on GunAuction.com for months and months with no takers at $649. It has a few scratches/dings and someone more or less permanently plugged the open sight holes.

I have seldom been without one of these rifles over the last 35 years. I've gone through a few, but the '87 I have now I plan to keep with it's hard to find 26" silhouette weight 223 barrel and AAA wood. I've had barrels in 22 Hornet, 222 Rem., 223, 22-250, 220 Swift, 243 Win. and 30-30 (custom shop). I'd really like to find a 26" 7-08 factory silhouette barrel, but they're not very common. In the meantime, I just stumbled on a great deal yesterday on a 30-06 barrel with an Aristocrat fore-end while I used poking around different websites. I found it on an unlikely company's site. I paid $250 for both which is a heck of deal these days. So, it looks like I'll be dong some 30-06 reduced load shooting with my TCR. wink

Attached Images
tcr1.jpg (32.58 KB, 192 downloads)