Not a greyhound, not Italian greyhounds, but whippets. The middleweights of the greyhound coursing lineage. Oldest to youngest that are presently our housemates. First two are rescues.

Katie, looking back for her "brother" who is rapidly catching up to her. +/- 23 lbs and has been clocked at about 27MPH. Pic taken when she was about 9 years old.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Breeze, picture taken same day as Katie's, when he was about 5yo. +/- 44 lbs. He's oversized by a 1/2" or so and can't be entered officially in certain events. Clocked at nearly 30MPH in a 100 yd dash. As you can see, he caught Katie.

Dandee, who's not a rescue. We got him as at 8 weeks. We just found out his breeder is the President of the American Whippet Club or some such. He comes from very good lines. Unfortunately, The Corona put the kibosh on entering him in junior shows, we only hope we can get him in some athletic events next summer. Too early for that now, as he's just turned 11 months. Nearly as heavy as Breeze, but an inch or two shorter. He hasn't raced yet, but I expect him to be even faster than Breeze.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?