I cannot shake the sensation in the pit of my gut that very bad things are coming to the country I love. I try desperately to not let emotion cloud rational thought. I think constantly of how to fight back effectively and peacefully. I search for any indication that most Americans can see what is happening and what will follow if left unchecked and pray that they do. The feeling will not subside.

I do not want to give up, I do not want Trump or any of us to give up, even against odds that appear stacked against keeping the last of our freedoms. Because there will never be another America. There will never be anything close. Will there ever be a time again that freedom is even considered in the minds of men or will such a concept be erased for eternity.

Many older folks I know advise that it is the younger people's country now and this is the direction they want the the country to go. So just live out your days and quit dwelling on what you think will happen. Just turn it all off and you will be so much happier. You cannot change it, it is what it is. But I cannot live with myself if I just stand by and let it all go down the drain. This must be what was meant when it was said that these are the times that try men's souls.