Originally Posted by 500grains
Originally Posted by BrentD
Dan,

Pay the bill and I'll gladly shoot a buffalo with a .45-70.

While this would certainly prove me to be a fool, it would prove nothing about the 45-70 since that stunt has already been performed a few times.

Then why is it still so onerous to you? How much data does it take? Me thinks infinite, 'cuz you ain't gonna change your mind. It ain't about data, it's about attitude.

The 45-70 pre-dated the 450 NE, 450 No 2, 500/465, 500 NE, 577 NE and 600 NE. I makes a guy wonder why the British went to so much trouble to produce double rifles in powerful cartridges when the 45-70 was already available.

Then one could say this about nearly every single cartridge out thre. Why the .458 lott when there was the Watts (or the modern .458 WMag for that matter. In fact, why 95% of the cartridges that exist today? Almost everyone of them has something that is the near equivalent that preceeds it and nearly everyone of them has another cartridge that is just a little more better than it is.

That is sort of a "fool's" question, if you think about it (for a nanosecond)....

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.