Brent,

I have read several pieces, with citations, that discuss the issue of legality, or not, of transporting black powder in aircraft in any form of container, whether that container was a cartridge shell or some other. I came to the conclusion that it is illegal to transport in any container in any aircraft, whether passenger or cargo. I can't find the references now, though I looked briefly. If I locate them in the near future I will refer you to them. I looked on FAA's website and didn't find any specific references using their search, only the generic reference regarding 2kgs of ammo, but with an exception referring to a section of the CFR. I didn't go look at that section.

Explain to me two things:
1. Your website describes hand seating the bullets with no crimp, have you gone to a taper crimping die or are you relying on just a pressfit?
2. Your website also describes the bullet seated so that it is well up the throat of your rifle, this is what I was trying to ask earlier, is the bullet really 1.4" into the rifling or just bumping the rifling with the leading edge of the paper patch further forward?

JPK