The load I worked up to was 64grains of H4350 and it was awe inspiring in velocity, to say the least. It shot sub moa out to 400 yards, but damn if it were not pretty slow (2820 fps avg). In the past, I've had excellent results with H4350. It was always my go to powder in the WSM. I do not see H4350 listed in the manual, but IMR4350 is listed. Maybe Barnes saw the same mundane velocity results I saw, so they used IMR4350 instead with better results. That will be the next powder I try, since I have a lot on hand. The Barnes manual lists a max of 65.5 grains of IMR4350 at a velocity of 3,003 with the 180gr TSX and MRX. I could live with that kind of velocity in a 300 magnum. My 300WBY avg's 3,130 fps with the 175 LRX and shoots quite accurately:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Better than the Tikka 300WSM/175 LRX. Hopefully by switching powder, we can remedy that while also bumping up the velocity on the shorty.... Nows the time of the year to start in with load development...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA