Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Very nice. Looks like you got that 300wby dialed right in... I've always been a big fan of that 300 magnum. Roy did that one right. I much prefer it over the stubby necked wm...

Yeah I said ph uck it and stopped with those 180 hornady as you call them poor mans partitions. I have groups with my 300 wsm just need to find the targets. I knew where a express stainless classic was at it was an abortion rebarrel in a hogue stock but priced cheap $600. I had grand idea making a 300 H&H on it but realized I have a 30-06-3 of them lol..

Ha ha. Those interlocks are good bullets. Ive used them many times. They dont hold together as well as the partitions, but they hold together enough to get the job done. Since this is a 300WSM thread, ill add that one of my furthest shots was with a 300WSM and 165gr hornady btsp interlocks. 600 yards on a mulie buck. 1 shot and dropped on the spot. However, the 175LRX is intriguing to me. Ill keep following this thread and probably add to it, as soon as I load more up for my Tikka deluxe. In the Oregon hunting synopsis they are hinting around about using solid copper bullets. I hope they dont put restrictions on us like they do in ca, but youve lived here and you know how these idiots are. By the way, having 3 30-06 rifles is not a bad thing.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA