q
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Replies to some of the above:

I will be making an annual trip to Lake Powell, where there is NO cell service over most of the lake - a handheld VHF is mandatory. I also carry a Motorola GMS/FRS.

It is already fully drained and winterized. (Whaddaya mean IF it freezes? LOL!)

They filled my tank with ethanol-free at the shop, but I have already added half a can of Sea Foam for the winter. I will run nothing but ethanol-free if I can help it.

A Bimini is on my list of future possibles.

Ain't gonna be fishing for no damn slimy trout.

As for the bimini top, certainly living in Florida as i do protection from the sun is very important.
But, most people install their biminis high enough so that you can stand and walk around under them.
Thats all fine, but fact is it dosent really offer all that much protection from the sun, nor does a T top.
Besides that, the straps and support mechanism is a pita to work around when fishing.
My bimini sits leaning against the wall of my house, and i do as many other fresh water anglers here do.
I use a 6’ beach umbrella inserted into a homade base of pvc pipe attached to the post of my seat.
I can cut the pole down till just the right height right over my head, with nothing in the way at all for casting or whatever. Very easily removed, even by a gust of wind, so make sure you tie it down to the base with a light rope.