In my restaurants I have always begun one very basic way - I wet the entire rib liberally with Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire sauce. So it will really take the seasoning. So it clings to the point of ‘caking’. Then it’s copious amounts of Diamond Crystal kosher salt, coarsely ground black pepper, and granulated garlic (basically garlic powder but not quite as fine). You almost can’t over-season it. Especially a big end to end ribeye. If in doubt, hit it with more. Let the rib sit out at room temp for a minimum of a half an hour to take the rub in. I would do an hour personally. Low and slow in the oven from there. Or smoker. Fresh and/or dried herbs like rosemary or thyme or whatever are entirely optional. Try it once with only what I have described and go from there to your taste. I used to begin by putting the ribs into a very hot oven to ‘sear’ them, and then immediately dropping the heat back to a much lower cooking temp. Many recipes on-line will recommend same. It isn’t necessary or good as the initial high heat just causes the cap to rupture more quickly and completely. Pu the rib into a low temp oven and roast it slowly the entire way.