Purely anecdotal, but we are 0-1 with the 6.5 Grendel.

I picked up a Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel in a chassis stock for my 12 yr old to hunt with, and he's been shooting 120gr Federal Fusions. He had a shot at his first deer last night (a very good buck), a perfect broadside shot at around 75-100 yards. I was in the stand with him, watching through binoculars when he shot. The shot knocked the buck down, he got up and stumbled again, and then flopped into the tree line. We got down, expecting to find him just inside the woods, but all we found was some hair and a blood trail. Ended up waiting about 25-35 minutes, and tracked blood for almost 3 hours last night and well over 400 yards. I've never tracked blood this far and never found a deer, it was definitely odd. Went back this morning, and never could find any more blood. Looked through the woods for a couple more hours, and never found a thing. I considered getting a tracking dog, but there was no way the deer was still on our property.

Not sure what to think at this point, but we may be moving up to a Featherweight in 6.5x55 with 140gr bullets. I'm still not 100% sure where he hit the deer, so it may not be fair to completely blame the Grendel, but it has me a little concerned.