Originally Posted by damnesia
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
My guys went 3 for 3, my cousin went 1 of two. My Brother In Law took a nice 125 pound 7 pointer. He said there were 3 bucks together browsing. At first he only saw two, and he saw a deer lift it's head and it was a BIG 8 or better. Then it looked like it had reached it's head around almost to it's butt, and it looked smaller. After watching them he realized it was two nice deer standing head to tail, side by side. He said he watched them for an hour and the two big ones would not step apart. So, at 4:48, worrying about it getting dark, he shot the one closest, good clean heart shot. He said the other one was much bigger. I shot at 4:53 and he thought I got the big one. But, I got a typical 90 pound mountain spike. About 8AM John got the twin to my 90 pounder. John shot his with an AR in 450 Bushmaster, Erin got his with a Savage 111 in 270, and I used my old faithful 1950 R in 250. For those that have doubts about 100 GR Remington's not shooting straight. This gun loves them. Only about a 60 yard shot. Last week someone said if you shoot them in the ear, they will fall down. Well, I found out, if you shoot them in the left eye, they fall down too.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just asking, but is that last picture a head/neck shot of a spike?

That’s the exit wound, the picture before that was the entrance wound. 250 in the left eye. Exit under right eye.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin