I was to embarrassed to ask and opted to search out some reviews. The whole situation seems to be a steaming pile of dung. It seems, and here, I am only going by what I read yesterday, some combinations of guns and factory ammo are inaccurate. That is beyond the normal range of a gun having certain likes and dislikes. There was one very accurate rifle reviewed, which used undersized bore. By definition a bore of 356 or 0.3555 would be unsafe with 357 jacketed bullets at rifle pressures..

Here is the stink. A company like Ruger is legal and morally bound to rifle a barrel no smaller than 357. The SAAMI spec is the bore cannot be under 357. It could be 0.3575 for instance. And that is probably typical.

Hornady has decided to make (and spec) bullets at 355. I assume this is to work with the undersized barrels. That 355 is a max so actual Hornady bullets might be 0.3545 or a little less but never over 355. Winchester/Olin is not so good and bullets measure down to 0.353. Never over 0.355.

This is the single shot forum and we can load any bullet that fits. If you have a Henry, you need to do a chamber cast and determine what fits that gun. Does Henry provide an undersized bore that works with factory ammo, or a legal bore that meets SAAMI? If the bore is tight, then expect a tight chamber. That could be very dangerous if the neck of the ammo cannot release the bullet!! Now, what are the reloading die makers supposed to do? What is PPU and CZ expected to make of this luney tunes?

This is my take on things. As you can see, I could be wrong. It stinks, real bad. Now it is too late to make it right.

The irony .355 is not even legal in some special zones! Again, my reading. I am not in any zone.