If you like WD-40, I can understand your trigger problems.

I've only had one trigger problem that was with a 700 (my favorite rifle). It was from a rifle I bought on Gunbroker. The trigger was aftermarket and was set on maybe an ounce. The barreled action was glued in. (That's probably why it was on Gunbroker.) A bump or slamming the bolt would release the trigger.

I've also hunted with 721's, 722's, 725's for a very long time following with 700's and 600's when they came out. I agree with RIO7.

The problem with Remington triggers is that anyone (Bubba) with an Allen wrench or screwdriver can adjust them or spray them with WD-40. I knew a guy who bragged that all the triggers on his rifles were set at two ounces. I never wanted to hunt with him or be around him when he had a rifle near by. There are two ounce triggers out there, but the ones that come on the rifle from the factory should not be adjusted so that two ounces is all it takes when in the gun room.

There are a few bubbas that should not take the barreled action out of the stock, should not be sold screw drivers, allen wrenches,, red lock-tite or any kind of glue and maybe shouldn't be carrying a rifle, IMHO.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally