I had a minor problem with a Rem 700 trigger on an elk hunt once. It was snowing much of the time and humid, but not terribly cold, maybe 25-30 degrees, and after a while, when I removed the round from the chamber and pulled the trigger it felt sort of gritty and mushy. The firing pin dropped but the trigger pull felt strange. Whether it would have set off the primer I don't know.

Eventually I got back to the cabin and warmed up the rifle and then the trigger pull felt much more normal. I think there were probably ice crystals inside the trigger that melted. I had never used any lubricants inside the trigger so that wasn't the cause. Later I blew out the trigger with compressed air and it seemed OK. The trigger pull had been set by me at just over 3 lbs. That was a minor incident but it caused me to have some skepticism about Rem 700 triggers in harsh conditions. However, I've had a bunch of Rem 700's, all with the trigger adjusted by me to around 3 lbs, and never had any other problems.