Originally Posted by kk alaska
The 250 to 300 gr Keith style hard cast penetrates and kills well out of .44 Magnum. Shot about 300 plus testing them in the early 80,s now 35 years later I find I can shoot the 10 mm with greater accuracy and faster than my old 44 mag so I use it loaded with 220 gr hard cast, one 10MM may not stop something but it has 14 friends that are ready to help.

Shooting the 44 mag and the 10 side by side was quite revealing to me.

As what's been said before placement and penetration are what matters most.

Shot a lot of big halibut in the 80,s with my 44 HP bullets of that era would not penetrate the head but hard cast bullets would. Some going through water first the hard cast always would. A friend of mine did not believe me when I told him that he later told me you were right.

Shot several small skinned out Brown Bear bullet testing with hard cast bullets and most would penetrate through shoulder areas. 250 and 300 gr hard cast out of a 44 magnum.

Trust me you put the first 10mm where it needs to go its over. Don't put the first 44 in that same spot its not over. Simply stated the 10 has enough penetration. More power to those that have faith and can handle things like the 500 SW. We have one too. Its never our choice for bear/moose defense because its heavy. Hurts to shoot and if I have to deal with both of those I'll just grab my 458 or like rifle instead.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....