Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Tomorrow is the last day of Michigan's firearms deer season and since I work tomorrow, today was my last chance to score. It's been a pretty dismal deer season for me, (maybe even worse than last year, which was terrible). In order to make the best of a season that has challenged my resolve, I decided that for my last time out this season, I would change up the rifle I would carry and take out the rifle my Dad has owned and carried afield since he was a teenager in the 50's, a '94 in .32 Special. He gave it to me a few years ago and it has sat in the safe ever since.

I was hoping it would bring me some magic today. That didn't happen, but it was nice to carry it through the woods for the first time. Yep, the first time. Funny, but it occurred to me that for as long as that rifle has been in my life, I've never carried it to hunt with.

I was hoping to be able to call Dad and tell him that his rifle had made meat again, but I'll settle for letting him know that I took it out for a walk. He'll probably like hearing that.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I personally think you should call in sick tomorrow and take that rifle of your dads for another walk. You may be surprised how quick your season can change! 😉

Yes, good idea. But you should avoid to tell about your hunting success but if you would try to encrypt the message. What about: There are 1894 plus 32 special reasons that made my day.

Nice story, very nice rifle. Just by seeing the loading gate it was clear: that must be a pre64 1894.

Elmer Keith