Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by J23
The one in my old house weighed in at over 400 lbs. Two of us hauled it in using two 2x4's. We slid two of them beneath the stove upright, similar to a floor joist, then figuring for what we needed as a handle, we cut off the excess... probably ended up around six foot each. We then each got an end, and using the "joists", lifted it and carried it in. Since the joists were no wider than the stove, we walked right through the 32" doorway, though barely.

...hard to explain, but picture two guys hauling the Ark of the Covenant into the house.

Admittedly, we moved in short increments with many breaks. Also, aside from one porch step, we never had to climb stairs.

It takes two strong, young men of similar height to do that with out getting hurt. Good on you.

2 strong men aren't moving this stove that way.

There is a world of difference between 400# and 800-900#.

I personally moved in my other stove and that weighs 425#. Had to have the neighbor help me get it picked up to sit it on the 14" high hearth. But otherwise, brough in solely. Had it figured out how to get it up on the hearth, but was alot quicker to ask the neighbor for 5 minutes of help.

So I am more than capable of getting things done.

But if you guys don't understand how much more difficult things get when you get well over 500#, then you are just trolling.

His was 400 lbs., and I clearly quoted him, not you.