Originally Posted by ridge
Hey MM, I've really enjoyed following you on your airgun journey. I've been "rediscovering" my springers the last month in an effort to save my rimfire ammo, and it's like I have to re-learn everything all over again. I'll get super stoked about a couple of really good groups one day, and go back the next day and totally screw it up. But, it's shooting, and shooting is fun.

So, what's your take on that Hawke 3-12x44? Is it the one with the half mil-dot reticle? I'm kinda in the market for something with more hold points than the duplex I'm currently using on my 22 caliber R9. When those 22 pellets start dropping, they drop fast!

Yes that's the one. Well, I haven't found anything to not like about it so far. The reticle is nice, kind of similar to the MQuad reticle on my SWFA scopes on the 308/30-06.

I suppose the real test will be how it lasts over time, on a springer magnum.

I dove into the air rifles for kind of the same reason. To enjoy some shooting without burning through the regular ammo and loading supplies. It seems to be working...grin.

I still haven't mastered shooting these off a rest. I do some of my most consistent shooting sitting in a patio chair, leg crossed over, and forward hand resting on knee. Not exactly still, but it seems to give the gun enough 'wiggle room' to be consistent.