Originally Posted by z1r
Mine, a vz24, 26" Douglas barrel, will shoot the Hornady 225's into 1.5" groups at 200 yds all day long.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had a boat anchor Savage 110 in laminate I bought here as a .270 & upgraded with a Brownells ER Shaw “kit” barrel. Shot lights out but weighed way too much for my taste.

I scored some 180 GR NBTs in SPS and they shot really well under RL15; took out a doe at around 200 yds which is a super long shot around here and that thick jacket was devastating. Same accuracy with Speer HCs and 200 Gr BST which I thought was a great all around for this cartridge. I always thought 210 NPT would be da bomb for moose or bear too. That 160 GR TTSX that Keith linked has to be crazy devastating in this cartridge tho!

Numbers on this cartridge are pretty impressive when compared to .338 WM and it feels substantially milder to me.

If I were to do one again I’d do something styled as above in LR98. Just seems right to me; that stock is lovely and I can’t think of anything in NA I’d not confidently pop with a 225 GR Interlock or Accubond.