Originally Posted by Salty303
Had an 86 too great truck except the 6.2 "diesel". Quote marks cause no way it was a real diesel just a converted gas pot. Some guys had ok luck, me not so much what a POS.
Yep good ol GM they were recyclers before their time, they ran that body style what from 73 till 88 or so? Caching. Very slight changes but same basic body, frame, and most components. And actually the previous and next gens weren't a whole lot different.

1987 was the last year for the square body and first year for the TBI. I had one, a GMC half-ton 2WD. Just a 305 with a TH-375 (that was TH-400 with a TH-350 tailshaft, IIRC). It was a damn good daily driver and I wish I still had it. I traded it for a 98 GMC with a 5.0 because the 87 didn't have cruise control and that 98 ran like a striped-ass aip, but like almost all the GM vehicles I have had it developed transmission problems (the 87 did NOT) and coolant leaks. I'd own another square body, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.