Up in Ritzville Wa. in the late 80's or early 90's there was a company called Winchester Pickups if I remember correctly. They specialized in those square body Chev's and GMC's. They would tear them down to the frame and rebuild them from the ground up and they would put OEM optional components in it. So it you wanted 4.56 gearing in the diff's that is what you got. They would also put the P205 transfer cases in. If you wanted the Dana 60 rearend you could. I helped them with some engine development. They were putting SB 400's in them but would put 350 heads on them and recam them with an RV cam to help with the performance, they also would buy aftermarket TH 400 trans that were built for hauling. They were in business for about 6 or 7 years then the fad wore off for those pickup's and they closed shop. I remember in 81 you could get a one ton 4 WD with the 454 in it. My father and I both got one and they rode like a wagon and got about 4 MPG. We keep them until ford came out with their diesel the next year.

Last edited by BluMtn; 12/04/20.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.