Originally Posted by Cheyenne
OK, I have been Googling around the Internet for opinions on doing the swap. Some have suggested that there can be breach face erosion if you use rifle primers on lower end loads because there will not be a good seal between the primer and the primer pocket. One guy claiming to be some kind of master reloading instructor guru suggests that equal velocities do not mean equal internal pressures, and that some primer/powder combos can cause an early high pressure spike that would still result in the same velocity as some primer/powder combos that do not spike as high. So, it may or may not be enough to just chronograph the same loads/guns with the only variable being a primer swap. Everyone should take a look for themselves and figure out who they want to believe and how much of a risk they are willing to take.

I've shot thousands of 9mm with SR primers and no leaks. Mostly CCI400 and older WSRP. I had a bunch left over after I stopped shooting HPR. My Tupperware guns and 1911's set them off just fine. I do not use reduced loads for 9mm, that may contribute to my success?