Originally Posted by KING_COBRA
Seafire, I recently got a CZ 527 in a 6.5 Grendel. Have you ever used that cartridge for deer hunting or developed any Blue Dot loads for it. As I have gotten older I don't like recoil as much. I also have a 260 Rem but have not shot it much. I have always enjoyed your posts on low recoil loads and have tried Blue Dot and IMR 4198 loads in 30-06 and 270 Win.

Cobra,

I took a blacktail this year with a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Grendel, shooting a 140 grain Speer, @ 2400 fps MV..
charge was 29.5 grains of W 748.. only 100 yds away, but bullet hit exactly where the cross hairs were aimed at.

Post season and post election now...

Starting my Blue Dot testing now.. just loaded up some Blue Dot loads tonight... first bullet weight will be a 100 grain Hornady SP...

full case of Blue Dot to the rim, was 27.3 grains.... so I loaded up bullets at 35% of that figure, 40%, 45 % and 50 %..
Step one is to make sure they are safe.....after that I have 120 grain Sierra bullets on deck, to use with the same loads..

100 grain bullets are going to be no problem, or lighter bullet weights...

I'm anxious to see if the 120s, 123s, 129, 130 and 140, 142 gr BULLETS are going to work....for more than punching holes in paper.

Ive done Blue Dot data on the 260 Rem also, and am looking to run updates substituting data for the Creedmoor Bolt Action crowd..
picked up a Creedmoor in a T/C Compass set up

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez