Removing the gel is easy and comes out in two parts. You’ll net about 6-7oz weight savings after you spray foam the stock. Both stocks I’ve done now started at 1lb15.8oz, magazine removed, no action screws.

-First spray a little lube (WD-40/G96/etc.) on the screw heads in the recoil pad and remove the screws with a philips. The lube will keep the screw heads from catching and tearing your recoil pad as they twist out and re-oil when putting them back in later.
-Mark the rear sling stud threads on the inside of the stock and then remove and grind it down (if wanted).
-Standing the stock on end, spray some lube inside the stock. Using a long, thin shank flathead or something similar (wire coat hanger size), slide it in between the “gel” and the walls of the stock. Keep going around the circumference of the gel over and over while getting the shank as deep as you can. Let the lube penetrate all the way around.
-Pour out the excess lube and then wipe the shank of your screwdriver clean. Stab the gel as deep as you can with your screw driver and pull hard.
-Chunk number one is now out.
-Using a knife tip or thin flathead tip (my next try will just be a small dead blow), slide it in to the little gap in the grip cap and give it a small hit (not very hard) and it will pop off.
-The lube probably already penetrated through a small window from the butt stock into the grip, stick your screw driver into the gel and pull. Piece number two is now out.
-DEGREASE the stock and then fill with spray foam. Using a little WD-40 on your finger, run it around the edge of the butt stock rim and the grip rim. When the spray foam touches it, it “melts” and won’t stick to the outside or rims of the stock (if it does it will come off scraping it with your fingernail).
-Let the foam set over night as it’s expelling gases
-Trim the foam or compress it and check for hollow spots in the foam. Add more if needed.
-Glue on the grip cap and re-install the sling stud and recoil pad, lubing the screw heads/holes to avoid damage.

Feel free to PM me and I can email photos or answer any questions.

Last edited by Nashville; 12/18/20.

Pitter Patter!