I had a 455, then sold it and bought a 453, partly because it still had the rear locking lug of the 452, but IIRC, it also only had one screw holding the barreled action in the stock. My next was a 455 SS, more accurate than the previous 455, not as good as the 453, but the trigger is the best of the three. The 457 addresses the safety (if that keeps you up nights), the high bolt lift, has an easily adjusted trigger, two action screws, a very nice-looking trigger guard, and still takes accessory barrels like the 455; the same ones in fact. Slam-dunk for the 457 if buying new. Those with the others that shoot well can add a 457, or dance with what you have. Another 457 plus is the nitride finish. The bolt is really finely machined. Hard to believe they can do it for the price.

I bought the Varmint MTR as a range toy. My SS 455 is staying on as a field rifle and understudy practice rifle.

You should have no trouble selling your 452. I’d start at $450, minimum, at auction. Don't know where in VA you are, but the Shenandoah Valley has been a crappy place to sell guns lately, my guns anyway. Good luck.

What fresh Hell is this?