Smithrjd: This "juror" is NOT "still out" on the CZ 457.
I have been hesitant to join the CZ crowd for many many year due to the bass-ackwards safeties on all their previous rimfire models.
I did buy two used CZ 455's in 17 HMR almost two years ago at giveaway prices - so I couldn't pass them up - already re-sold one of them and have a buyer in line for the other.
The CZ 457 I bought is the heavy barrel wood stocked model and its looks are only surpassed by its accuracy (in 22 Magnum no less!) and one of the main reasons I bought it was for the corrected safety.
Have two friends with CZ 457's in 17 HMR and they are equally as thrilled with theirs as I am with mine.
Haven't heard any negative feed-back on the CZ 457's to date.
To the original poster I will have to add to others here that the market in "CZ's" is very strong, demand and price wise!
I wish I were more up on prices for a recommendation but I have NOT seen a single rimfire CZ in a sporting goods shop or gunshop in at least 3 months (way before Christmas). And I have been to probably 15 - 18 shops in three states during that time - its a sellers market in other words.
Good luck with your sale.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy