Chicken Gulag for the one hen that damn near got killed by the rooster one day. I see one of those black plastic ones there. It faces south and her little hooch is backed up to it so she gets a bit of heat on sunny days. Feed bags are to keep the wind/rain/snow from blowing through the vented slats.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Crappy pic, with the sun glaring and all. I picked up the long pallet at the back of the compost bin at the place I got my freezer this summer. Much easier to make a side by side bin with an 8' pallet than having to wire together two 4' ones. Sturdier too! Got one of them big blue heavy bastids right in the center. That way I don't get any ideas about using it for something else and having to move that thing around either.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I do have a little shorty pallet thing, with a plywood top on it, just right to sit a bale of straw on. Old piece of plastic shed roofing over the bale, a hunk of 4x6 about 5' long, and a coupla good size rocks holds that down from the south wind which blows every three days or so. And there's another one of the black plastic ones in the shop/garage for keeping used oil jugs and batteries off the floor. Trash can sits on it too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?