BC30cal
The test you mentioned, the 300 H&H and 300 WSM. Cut the chamber for the H&H first, then the WSM. The idea was to use the same barrel in both cartridges. Both have almost exact case capacity. With the same primers, powder and charge, and bullets, same chrono, same strain gage, etc, both made the same speed and pressure and accuracy. I dont buy the whole case shape/special shoulder/ no belt idea. Here is one thing I have learned and will test against any data at any time :
Primers, gun powder, and bullets do not respond to advertising !
They will do what they do.
And another thing.....I dont think we need any more new calibers until we starting burning something other than smokeless powder. The perceived advantages of several of these new calibers, the real advantage is less than the noise in the testing.
All that coming from a man who must have at least 15 wildcats in 9.3 ! grin
Charlie

P.S. just remebered.....that particular barrel in the test shot better in every way with Ramshot Hunter than all the other powders.

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj