About 600 yards; she was shot from a tower stand at 200 yards with a 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip in a Post-64 M70 chambered in 243 WIN. The doe and a spike buck came out into a small cotton field (200 yards across) adjacent to a large cotton field, just about dark, she was standing and I put the bullet right through her heart. She ran like she was shot out of a cannon, passed a stand that was 400 yards away from me and kept going. She circled, ran back and stopped still about 100 yards in front of me. I put a second round in her heart and she stood still a minute, then fell over like a piece of plywood falling over. The two rounds went in about 3/4" apart. I've never seen a deer run like that, before or since. To make matters even more strange, the spike ran around and stopped about 50 yards in front of me, I shot him in the heart and he ran 80 yards and died with his head in the edge of the swamp. Everywhere he bounded it looked like a pint of red paint had been sprayed across the cotton plants. That was the last time I used a 243 WIN, maybe it was the bullets.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge