Longest run I've seen from a dead deer we have NO clue... for it was a double lung shot. Pieces of lung on the ground. Blood trail. And the buck was killed 3-4 weeks later running a doe. Yes. He had all the bullet wound healed. Ribs on each side were hit. And cartilage type healing pretty centered both lungs. Scar tissue if you will.

Bullet? Oh yeah, the vaunted Sierra game kings. 165 btsp out of an 06.

You simply never know.

I"ve seen gut shots fall quite often and never move. I've seen heart shots go a long ways like almost half a mile. I've seen fast bullets that knock on their butts like the 257 wtby usually not go more than 25 steps. OR go 400 yards now and then.

Each time you pull the trigger you NEVER know.

This year I followed a deer for about 3 hours on the blood trail and the last time he got up from a bed and looked at me. He had been hit double lung with a berger at about 300 yards. We went looking to early I guess, jumped him from his first bed about 20 minutes after the shot. But last I'd seen him he was bleeding so bad and stumbling low to the ground we just put Tiger on him and oops... But he did die. Left most of his blood in the first 150 yards. Very little after that. Distance? 600 yards or so.

Each deer is going to be different no matter your theory.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....