Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Looks like AG is only for rem clones.

My 6mm is a savage(I know, not a coveted action). I called McMillan, and after pricing out the stock plus shipping, I was around $750 eek. That was for a hunting stock in camo gel. The add-ons kill, you, its like buying a car and seeing all the extra charges on the buyer's order. I think sling studs, pillars, and recoil pad should come standard on a stock. Puzzling why I have to pay more for that.

McM sticks it to you with an ala carte menu.

Don't get me wrong, I like the McM Hunter style stocks a lot, but I'm willing to settle for a B&C if the build isn't special enough to justify the additional expense of the McM. I live in a place where I am more likely to see Coopers at the range than parts guns with upgraded after-market barrels and stocks. A lot of younger people seem to think that they will get more value per dollar by buying a production custom rifle like a Cooper in lieu of buying a less expensive rifle and spending the difference on ammo to practice with.

I'm not a tacticool guy, so the quasi sniper rifle stocks don't move me, but the market seems to be going that way and as long as people are willing to pay McM's prices, they will keep raising them until demand plateaus or begins to drop.