Originally Posted by kenjs1
I replaced a stock Browning with a B & C and was amazed at the improvement in comfort and accuracy. Yeah it felt a little larger in the hand but the skinny factory job was the problem . I got used to the B and C first time at the range where that gun shot lights out for the first time. I had an offer from the guy next to me on it. Only gripe was I believe I needed a slightly longer trigger guard screw.

Fast forward after listening to detractors I decided to step up to an HS Precision for another rifle. Nice looking and felt more.....solid but required more fitting and the recoil from it was unduly magnified. Terrible pads too. Replaced it with a walnut that has a decelerator and am much happier. I would definitely do another B and C.

It's strange that on the 'Campfire the B&C is considered "trailer trash" while at the same time the stocks for the late Remington Ti rifles (made by B&C) were considered the "gold standard". It is indeed a strange world determined by marketing, word of mouth, and trying to keep up with the priciest stocks. Since the weight doesn't matter to me I will continue to use B&C.