Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
From fuelly the Tundra from 2015-2020 with the 5.7 V8 avg is 13.9 mpg, The F150 3.5 ecoboost is 16.1, the Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 is 16.2. A 2.2-2.3 mpg spread might not sound like much but it's around 15%, that's significant and adds up over time. I used the 3.5 ecoboost for the Ford because that's the closest equivalent to the 5.7 even though it's a V6. The difference in my opinion is mostly explained by direct injection in the Ford and Chevy engines, the Toyota isn't direct injected.

That's exactly my point. I wouldn't let 2 MPG difference influence my decision on a vehicle. Does it add up? Yes. Would it sway me to buy one brand over another? Probably not. It would depend on other factors.

The broader point is that they all suck for fuel mileage, compared to an econobox. Pretty dang similar is the point.

At least we aren't discussing outlier examples of 20+ MPG from Ford, RAM, or GM grin They all get similar fuel mileage. Which is not what I usually hear from many people complaining about the Tundra.

If 1 or 2 MPG breaks the bank, then that is another issue.

A guy I used to work with had an '08 Tundra with the smaller v-8 and it sucked donkey balls. An honest 10 mpg. The same can be said about a couple buddies that had newer Tundra's with the 5.7's. Great power, but they passed everything but a gas station. My Tundra doesn't count because its 21 years old and gets 20 mpg. Sorry..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The first gen's are the only one I'd consider.. It even does better than my '04 double cab TRD taco..

Nice truck L train.. What you do with the ol cheby you had?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.