Originally Posted by Otter
Stevie Nicks
Linda Ronstadt

Flip a coin . . . depends upon what my mood is at the time.

Yes! What a voice. Here she is in my Hometown Atlanta, live in 1977 singing "Willin."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMP8JsV7wbg

"I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonopah
I've driven every kind of rig that's ever been made
Driven the back roads, so I wouldn't get weighed...

And if you give me...
Weed, whites, and wine
And show me a sign,
I'll be willin'....."

I drove the Big Rig over the road for 8 years. This is a song about truck driving and I love it. There is a beauty and a majesty about staying out on the road for weeks at a time and driving over the open roads and this song captures it. You have to do it for years, to understand it. I know, Linda never had a CDL but she is an artist and this is some great artistic expression.

I have driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed a dozen times. I always succeeded in dodging the scales, maybe I was lucky.

I will say, the open road of Interstate 20 west of Sweetwater Texas at 2 am, rolling west with the full moon shining on the white sands and the cactus of the desert, popping a 5 Hour Energy and smoking a Marlboro, that is a wonderful way to spend a few hours on God's Green Earth.

When I was in the Loves Truck Stop in Midland Texas for the night, out there on Interstate 20, stopped for a 10 hour break, at midnight, I might play this song four times in a row. Love this song.