Jmh3: Yesterday I posted on the fresh water fishing forum how my main Elk Hunting partner and I decided to go ice fishing a few days ago. I can E-mail or text pictures to anyone that would like to see a batch of really big Rainbow Trout we brought to bag.
My partners biggest fish was measured and weighed at 29" and 5 pounds 9 ounces on a "De-Liar".
My largest Rainbow was 22" (3 1/2 pounds? - didn't weigh this one) and I also caught a dandy big Brown Trout that was released so I could fill my limit with the better tasting Rainbow Trout.
My partner also caught a Fresh Water Ling Cod (Burbot).
Day before yesterday another Hunting partner and I made an excursion over east to view some Elk as we had been told they were down out of the mountains - and boy did we see Elk!
Saw 6 herds of Elk in a 20 mile stretch of a huge valley - the Elk totaled at least 5,000 (five thousand!).
We both are now considering "changing" Elk Hunting areas.
I've seen three Coyotes in the past week but they were on ranch lands I don't have permission to Hunt on as yet.
Last Friday I made the long trip to my favorite Montana gunshop to check on a gun they are holding for me pending a gunsmiths inspection. It was not purchased (inspected) as yet but I did buy a mint perfect Smith & Wesson Model 60 (1972 manufacture - no dash #). That will go in my collection to watch appreciate in value over china joe and the ho's administration!
Taking the day off today the VarmintWife is going to cook up a 5 pound prime rib for dinner.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy