The .300 Win Mag is my favorite all around caliber and I've been hunting with it for 29 years now. I always liked 200 grain bullet since the cartridge is capable of good velocity with the heavy bullets but I bought 1000 factory over-run 180 grain accubonds a few years ago and since I have so many, it's all I have used for a while now. I have killed 11 big mule deer bucks from 50 yards to 450 with them, 2 antelope at 300 yards and 526 yards with them and two elk at 340 yards and 530 yards with them. Every one worked perfectly, close or far, and only one animal had to be shot more than once, (a 5 point bull elk at 530 yards) my fault for hitting it slightly low in the brisket and raised the next one up 10 inches and finished it. All pushed by H1000.

Some guys talk crap about the accubond but I have had only text book results with them and only recovered 2, both were perfectly mushroomed, the rest exited. Some guys don't think a 180 30 caliber is a good "long range" bullet either so to each their own, "long range" is relative anyway. I prefer not to shoot over 400 yards and will only do it if I absolutely can't get closer. Even then 600 is my absolute limit on an unwounded animal and only then if everything is just right. I guess I'm not a long range hunter.

Many good bullets out there these days, I would just pick a premium bullet that shoots great in your gun and you shouldn't have a problem with performance.